Over 20 years experience in the Aerospace industry, specialising in Advanced Composites. My career started on the technical side of composites manufacturing, and in the last ten years has progressed to encompass the contract, commercial and project management sides, while still contributing experience to composites manufacturing engineering.
- Negotiated and won a key contract with BAE SYSTEMS for the manufacture of Eurofighter Rudders and Flaperons (15MGBP+).
- Negotiated and won a single source contract with Eurocopter for the production of composite floors for the NH90 helicopter (32MEUR+).
- Project managed a significant gap closure phase prior to start of Eurofighter Rudder and Flaperon manufacture, including risk facilitation and management, commercial management and contract administration.
- Contributed to the establishment of World Class composites manufacturing facilities in Norway.
- Assisted a key subcontractor in achieving a challenging turnaround in delivery performance.
- Sales and Marketing for Aerospace Composites, proposal preparation, contract and price negotiation, presentations of company and capabilities, offset applications for military sales.
- Project Management and Leadership, budgeting and resource requirements, risk identification and analysis, communication internal and external, cost schedule status reporting, team building and leading. Commercial Management and Contract Administration.
- Manufacturing Engineering for cost reduction, new facilities justification and implementation, changes in working practices, identification of waste and excess, process engineering.